21th International Scientific-Practical Conference
“FUNDAMENTAL BASES, THEORY, METHODS AND MEANS OF MEASUREMENT, CONTROL AND DIAGNOSTICS”
The basic platform for the 21th International Scientific and Practical Conference “FUNDAMENTAL BASES, THEORY, METHODS AND MEASUREMENT MEANS, CONTROL AND DIAGNOSTICS” in 2019 is the South-Russian State Polytechnic University named after M.I. Platov (Novocherkassk).
The address of the base site of the conference: Novocherkassk. Rostov region, Prosveshcheniya 132.
Novocherkassk is one of the major South Russian cities. It stands out for its glorious history and its special appearance: layout, architecture, unique monuments.
Novocherkassk was conceived and founded in 1805 as the new capital of the Don Region. For more than a century, it was the city of the Don elite: military atamans and military administration, officers and bureaucrats, a center for education and culture.
After 1917, Novocherkassk became a stronghold of the fierce struggle of the Cossacks for their independence, which ended with the mass exodus of the Cossacks into emigration. In the Soviet period, the history of Novocherkassk developed as a large industrial center of the Rostov region, a city of education and science. Its population increased more than three times and reached 200 thousand people.
The city, picturesquely situated on the Aksai hill, and now has retained its face. With the beginning of perestroika, it acquires the status of the historic center of a resurgent Cossacks, and then proclaimed the world capital of the Cossacks. The city attracts both domestic and foreign tourists.
The main temple of the Don Cossacks, laid on the day of the founding of Novocherkassk on May 18 (30), 1805, was built about a century. After the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow and St. Isaac’s Cathedral in St. Petersburg, the Patriarchal Ascension Military All-cathedral Council is the third largest Orthodox church in Russia (height 74.6 m).
This is the oldest museum in southern Russia, which contains in its depositories relics of the Don Cossacks, associated with the best traditions of the Cossacks. His richest collection has no analogues in the world and has about 115 thousand exhibits.
The solution to the facade of the building is designed in the best traditions of classicism. Dual pilasters at the ends of corner rhizolites, connected by hanging, on cast-iron brackets, with a balcony decorated with a decorative cast grille, entrances, designed in the form of open portals, give the building the appearance of a palace.
At the entrance to the city from the west and northeast, two huge Triumphal arches were built of stone and brick. The expressiveness of the outlines and the strength of their emotional impact is striking. Twelve columns of powerful Doric warrant, winged Glory, located on both sides of arched spans, artistic bronze casting depicting military armor and crowning both structures, solemnly and majestically develop the theme of victory.
Historically, the monument to Matvey Ivanovich Platov in the center of the city in front of the Ataman Palace in Atamansky Square can be considered the first sculptural monument of Novocherkassk.
A bronze monument to M.I.Platov on horseback, was installed in Novocherkassk on the central avenue in his name in front of the Military Ascension Cathedral.
On the eve of the 35th anniversary of the Victory on May 8, 1980 in the city park of culture and recreation (now Alexander Garden) on the hill, which served as a viewing platform in the pre-revolutionary Novocherkassk for viewing the surroundings, especially during periods of spill and for shooting from a cannon at noon, as in S. Petersburg, was built a grand mound of Glory, in memory of those who died during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.
On December 17, 2004, the opening ceremony of the monument to A.V. Suvorov. On the monument under the bronze bust of the commander a brief inscription: Generalissimo Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov. 1730-1800. And below is his motto: “Honor to yourself, glory to your motherland!”.
Monument to Franz Pavlovich de Volan
June 6, 2003, on the eve of the celebration of the City Day (June 7), the grand opening of the monument to Franz Pavlovich de Volan, which in 1804 designed the city of Novocherkassk, was held. The monument was erected on Platovskiy Prospekt in the avenue between the Museum of the History of the Don Cossacks and the Novocherkassk Military Institute of Communications.
On April 12, 1982, on the Day of Cosmonautics, a city celebration was held in front of the Novocherkassk Hotel on the occasion of the unveiling of a monument to the Hero of the Soviet Union, the first cosmonaut on Earth, Honorary Citizen of Novocherkassk, Yuri Alekseevich Gagarin.
The legendary hero of the Caucasian Wars Don Don Lieutenant-General Yakov Petrovich Baklanov spent the last years of his life in Petersburg far from Don. Poverty and disease accelerated the end of the glorious war - the Cossack and on October 18, 1873. Ya.P. Cormorants died. He was buried at the expense of donors and "at the expense of the grateful Don Army" in St. Petersburg at the cemetery of the Resurrection Novodevichy Monastery. In 1876, a “majestic and original monument” was made on his grave, designed by sculptor N.V.Nabokov.
The second in chronology in Novocherkassk is a monument to the Don Ataman, the conqueror of Siberia Yermak. It has survived to the present day without serious damage and reconstruction, it has long been a kind of calling card of the city.
Monument "George Knights, participants of the First World War"
On May 6, 2014, at the walls of the Don Emperor Alexander III of the Cossack Cadet Corps, a monument to the “George Knights of the First World War” monument was opened. The monument is a figure of the Cossack in the form of that time with the symbolic contour of the cross of St. George the Victorious behind him. The author of the sculptural composition Aslambek Usaev is a member of the Union of Artists of Russia. Made a monument in the foundry of Andrei Dementiev, and installed without the involvement of budgetary funds - at the expense of sponsors.